You look out your window, past your gardener,
who is busily pruning the lemon, cherry, and fig trees...
amidst the splendor of gardenias, hibiscus, and hollyhocks.
The sky is clear blue.
The sea is a deeper blue, sparkling with sunlight.
A gentle breeze comes drifting in from the ocean, clean and refreshing, as your maid brings you breakfast in bed.
For a moment, you think you have died and gone to heaven.
But this paradise is real. And affordable.
In fact, it costs only half as much to live this dream lifestyle...
as it would to stay in your own home!
You read about one side of the world in your daily paper, you see it on TV newscasts. Murders. Wars. Airplane crashes. Politics.
But there is another side of the world...one you can't find out about by reading the paper, certainly not by watching TV.
It is a world of delightful opportunities...opportunities for fun...pleasure...financial security and profits...romantic discoveries...adventure...
…and a world much cheaper than you pay to live now!
You may question if $19 a day to afford your own dream cottage… a gardener, cook, or housekeeper…plus still have enough to pay your country club dues and use for entertainment. All for less per day then you would spend to fill up your car!For 30 years International Living has delivered retirees living dull… routine lives…to living out retirement with adventure balanced with luxury…leisure…and best of all…plenty of security.
All for spending less per day than you would spend for two movie tickets…a tank of gas…or breakfast for two at Bob Evans!
You too can have that life…where you could:
make big profits on international stocks and bonds...overseas investments in fast-growing countries offer high returns as well as the safety of diversification. I must emphasize that this world of international opportunities is available to anyone...not just the rich and famous...
…save anywhere from 50% to 85% on your healthcare…even surgical procedures can be so cheap that you won’t worry about filing a claim right away. Doctors overseas also tend to care about more than what insurance card you’re carrying…
…learn the prime pieces of real estate in surrounding areas…and use it to your advantage. Some of the cheapest patches of property thrive in the middle of the most exciting cities abroad…some you can get for less than you would spend on a new car!
That's right, dear reader... you could retire in your own overseas paradise while at the same time save thousands and thousands of dollars, simply by using insider know-how that comes from years of experience - and countless miles roaming the globe.
That's one of the major reasons we publish International Living...to show you how to benefit from the rich rewards of an international, jet-set lifestyle without spending a fortune.International Living brings the entire world, with all of its rich, rewarding, exciting opportunities, to your door every month.…spend only $1,000 a month for a comfortable home in a beautiful setting, pay for your food and utilities, a housekeeper, a gardener, country-club dues...and even leave you with money left over for entertainment and travel...
And these are opportunities you can use. After reading an article in International Living, you can pick up the phone and arrange to...
…retire to a tropical paradise...buy a piece of prime real estate in the world's few remaining profitable property markets...travel to exotic, foreign lands...learn new languages...invest in booming overseas stocks...profit from foreign bank accounts...start your own international business...get a job overseas...
...these and many more exciting opportunities are available to you every month in the pages of International Living…
"As an International Living subscriber, I'd spent a couple of years dreaming of a new life somewhere in Latin America. Since my partner had been in the hospitality business, we decided that running our own B&B was our best option. We enjoy our new lives tremendously and have no regrets."
Murray F., Mexico
Paradise isn't lost...it's right at your finger tips!
In February of 1985, we published an article explaining how to fly around the world for less than $1,000. At the time, that wasn't even half the regular fare.
In fact, it was so low that some subscribers didn't believe it was possible. One actually put us to the test. David Hendrickson and his wife followed our instructions and actually flew around the worldwith stopovers in London, New York, Bangkok, Hong Kong, and Tokyo, for less than $1,000!
But that was back in 1985. What about today?
We told readers recently about an around-the-world airfare for $1,200. That's still less than half the regular fare.
Let me give you another example.
When we first started publishing INTERNATIONAL LIVING, we wrote that you couldbuy an apartment on Spain's beautiful Costa del Sol for as little as $15,000. Here again, many people just didn't believe it could be done.
One of our readers decided to find out for himself. In 1985 he purchased a one-bedroom apartment in the Malaga areawith a view of the Mediterranean from one side of the terrace and the mountains from the other.
The price: $13,100. Not bad...especially when you consider that for the past 25 years he has been renting that apartment during the summer months, most recently for more than $500 a month...which means the place pays for itself just by renting it out in June, July, and Augustmonths when he didn't plan to use it anyway!
INTERNATIONAL LIVING has been called the ultimate travel newsletter...It's that...and more. It's a newsletter for anyone who wants to broaden his or her horizons, visit foreign countries, make overseas investments, and save money.
Yes, save money. INTERNATIONAL LIVING will tell you:
- about retirement havens where you can stretch your money beyond all recognition. Live like a king on a tradesman's pension. If you look beyond your own shores, you'll find that many countries around the world offer far greater benefits and advantages for retirees than does your own.
- about which overseas stock markets have been the best-performing over the last few years. And because past performance are not always an indication of future performance, International Living makes sure its readers know which markets are the best investments right now.
- about one of the bestand still largely undiscoveredretirement havens in the world, where the cost of living is low and the standard of living is high. In this undiscovered, peaceful, charming country, buy groceries for less than $300 a month. Complete national health care coverage, including everything from major surgery to house calls, costs $40 a year. And this is one of the few places in the world where property is still a good investmentand still cheap; you can buy a large house near the beach, with incredible views, for $100,000…
INTERNATIONAL LIVING will tell you how to locate the best accommodation anywhere in the world. Stay in a comfortable hotel in the heart of Toyko for $80 a night. Or stay in a quaint hotel with great views of mexico for just $35 a night. INTERNATIONAL LIVING will show you how to find the best place to suit your taste and your budget.
For the past 20 years, we've been scouring the world for bargains of all kinds...details on how to save money on everything from airfares to hotels...from shopping to health care costs.
But INTERNATIONAL LIVING is not just about saving money...it's also about embracing your dreams.
For example, we are constantly researching the most profitable and attractive real estate markets all over the world. Whether you're looking for a long-term holiday rental...an appealing home exchange (one of the best ways we know to arrange no-cost accommodation anywhere in the world)...a retirement home...a winter getaway...or an investment property...we can help you locate just the right property in just the right location...every month, INTERNATIONAL LIVING tells you about real estate bargains and opportunities in other countries, and then tells you how to take advantage of them.
Want to own your own apartment in London or Paris? A thatched cottage on Ireland's wild West Coast? A bungalow on an island in the South Pacific? A castle in Bulgaria? Or a hunting lodge in North American? INTERNATIONAL LIVING will give you the full details. Everything you need to know...and what you need to watch out for.
Our classified section alone is worth the price of the subscription...$49 a year. You'll read about houses for rent or sale. And you'll read about special situations, to--employment abroad, foreign investment opportunities, business openings, travelers looking for companions, and special tours, available on a limited basis.
In one issue for example, a widowed baroness offered to share her castle on the Rhine. In another issue, a reader offered bargain weekly and monthly rates for a Hawaiian estate with an elegant tow-level A-frame overlooking a 200-foot waterfall with swimming pools, clear ocean views, lily ponds, an aviary, and other exclusive features. Another reader offered an entire island in the sunny Caribbean--for less than the cost of a stay at a modest hotel.
INTERNATIONAL LIVING will broaden your horizons in every issue.
INTERNATIONAL LIVING will bring you a world of new opportunities . You'll read about ways to dramatically change the way you live--for the better. Romantic places to live. Luxurious places to travel. Inexpensive places to retire. Rewarding investments. Safe havens for rest, tranquility...places to let your imagination and your creativity soar.
No, you don't have to be rich and famous to enjoy an international lifestyle. INTERNATIONAL LIVING will help you understand that all you need is the special imagination to appreciate all the opportunities the world has to offer.
"We'd been reading International Living for two years when we finally decided to take the plunge. In April 2004, we bought a small adobe casita on 2 acres… for $35,000. With a million-dollar view of the Andes and a retiree's price tag, we knew we had found our second home."
Bob and Glenda R., Ecuador
- The best property buys in one of the least discovered (and most beautiful) spots in the Caribbean. The sand is just as white as anywhere else in this part of the world. The sea is just as emerald. But the real-estate prices are unbelievably lower. We'll tell you where to look for beachfront acres for less than $24,000.
- How to restore an ancient farmhouse in Perugia...for fun and for profit.
- Why now is the best time in decades to invest in real estate in Nicaragua. We'll tell you how to get in on the ground floor of this marketand what profits you can expect over the coming years as property prices here start to climb.
- How you can own your own Irish pub. What visitor to the Emerald Isle, after spending long evenings in local pubs drinking hot whiskeys and listening to ceili bands, hasn't dreamt of owning one? The good news is that it is easierand less expensivethan you might imagine to turn this dream into reality.
- Discover some of the cheapest beachfront properties in the world. This stretch of Pacific coastline boasts spectacular crimson sunsets...world-class surfing...and a laid-back lifestyle. Yet real estate prices remain up to 70% cheaper here than California - at least for now...
- How to arrange a tradeyour house or apartment for a place in a foreign country...and get a home abroad for free. We'll detail who to contact...what to look out for...how to protect yourself...every-thing you need to know.
- Where to go for the best crayfish and clotted cream in the world. This tiny completely unspoiled South Pacific island also happens to hide some tremendous property buys. A home with a magnificent sea view from the East Coast would cost you less than $25,000.
- With the Channel Tunnel open, now is the time to take advantage of property buys in both England and north eastern France, where affordable properties will steadily skyrocket in price. We'll tell you where to look, how to buy, and how much to spend.
- How to find an apartment you can afford in London, Hong Kong, New York, and all the world's most expensive cities.
Or where you can rent a three-bedroom apartment for as little as $245 monthly and your monthly electricity and water rates cost $27...where you can buy an attractive two-bedroom house for less than $50,000. Where you can find seaside apartments for less than $80,000, a beautifully restored stone house with lush garden courtyard, and emerald green paint-work for $173,600..or an unrestored house for $74,500..A delicious three-course meal with wine, for two, costs $20, and there are many options for becoming a resident.
In short, paradise does exist...where $1,000 a month will buy you a comfortable home in a beautiful setting, pay for your food and utilities, a housekeeper, a gardener, country-club dues...and even leave you with money left over for entertainment and travel!
Details on this and other retirement Edens around the world are included in a valuable report called How to Retire in Paradise for $19 a Day. If you've ever thought of living overseas...or of owning a second home abroad...this report can turn your dreams into reality.
- How to find a bed and breakfast for less than $80 a night in London...a double room in a hotel in Central Paris for $78 a night...or an affordable place to stay in any of the world's other major cities.
- How to make sure that you nevereverpay full fare for an airline ticket again. (We'll show you how to save 50% and more every time you fly.)
- Where to find the most gorgeous (and inexpensive) white-sand beaches in the Caribbean...and the world's beautiful people who return here year after year. The best way to get the lowest hotel prices in Greece. (This simple little secret can be found in no guidebook.)
- When not to tell your travel agent where you're going. In some cases, this little travel trick can save you hundreds of dollars.
- How to take a world-class, luxury cruise for less than half the regular cost.
- South America's answer to the Rivierawithout the crowds or the ridiculous prices.
- The top 10 adventure-travel opportunities in the world.
- The greatest travel bargain of the decade...in a delicate unspoiled place.
- Europe's attic...where you can shop for the world's finest antiques at flea-market prices.
- The advantages and disadvantages of using automatic teller machines abroadand how to make sure your bank card will work in the country you're visiting.
- Travel clubs are mushrooming these days. Can they really save you money? Yes, but with some very important exceptions.
- Ritz-style luxury in Madrid for no more than the cost of a regular hotel room.
- Travel where tourists can't go. Obtain an independent visa for travel inside Myanmar. Make your way through the Central Asian Republics of the former Soviet Union without once contacting Intourist. Travel safely in Peru. Travel alone in China or Vietnam.
- How to gain entrance to the world's most exclusive, most private clubs and casinos...the kinds of places you thought only the rich were allowed to go.
- How to take your kids to Europe...and still enjoy the trip.
- A well-guarded industry secret: How to book yourself on a Mediterranean cruise at no charge.
- Eight easy ways to guarantee an upgrade.
- Why you should never refuse dessert in Finland...pat a Thai person on the heador eat fish with your hands in Russia.
- Not all discount travel agents are trustworthy or reliable. We review the top discounters and steer you right.
- The three finest hotels in London...and the five best for your money.
- The best way to see Africa. You'll spend three months exploring the Dark Continentfor as much as most people spend on three-week package tours.
- The best place in the world to plan your honeymoon, your second honeymoon, or just a romantic tryst.
- The safest country in the world...the cheapest country in the world...the healthiest country in the world...and the sunniest country in the world. (We also tell you about the most dangerous, most expensive, most unhealthy, and most dreary places on earth. Our findings may surprise you.)
- One simple thing you can do to keep fit and minimize discomfort on longhaul intercontinental flights.
- One simple thing you can do to make sure you're never ripped off in a travel scam.
- Which airports have the best securityand which ones you should avoid.
- The best guesthouse along China's Silk Route. Plan to stay at least several days.
- The cheapest ticketsto the world's hottest shows.
Taxes, Currencies and Investments
- How to earn $80,000 overseas tax-free.
- Learn how tax havens workand how they can be made to work for you.
- The world's up-and-coming tax haven. You've probably never even heard of this tiny, far-off paradise.
- The world's most user-friendly tax haven. Ensure the privacy of your financial affairs within an hourand accomplish the entire thing by fax.
- An easy and fulfilling way to make your next trip a tax write-off.
- How to avoid double taxation on your foreign earnings.
- Cut your taxes 95%by living in paradise.
- Enjoy regular currency forecasts from a world-respected expert. They can help you best plan your traveland make sure you get the most for every dollar you spend in a foreign country.
- Learn how to avoid 'official' exchange rates and take advantage of more favorable rates on the open market.
- Why Switzerland is not the onlyand perhaps no longer the bestplace to have an anonymous bank account.
And Much, Much More...
- How to enjoy a million-dollar retirementwithout touching your savings.
- Where you can enjoy free medical and dental care.
- Learn how to double your retirement resourcesand live as though you had twice the income.
- Cut your grocery bills by more than 30%.
- Nine countries where you can retire in comfort and style on $1,000 per month, including a nice home, groceries, utilities, country club dues, even entertainment and travel.
- Where you can find dinner for two at an excellent restaurant for $15, including wine.
- Where health care is very inexpensive...an eye examination costs less than $10, and you can have a cavity filled for $15 to $25...and in one of the places we have in mind membership in the national health care system is as little as $40 a year.
- Where you can take a taxi across town for $1.50...get a sandwich and a coke for $2 ...and catch a first-run movie for $3.
We have only skimmed the surface of the opportunities...adventures... money-making and money-saving strategies presented in each and every issue of INTERNATIONAL LIVING. And for every topic covered, INTERNATIONAL LIVING surveys the best information available...from government agencies, from private firms, from independent analysis...and, critically, from our extensive network of roving contributors and correspondents, who report back to us daily on their discoveries.
Even discover how you could retire in Paradise (and live WELL!) for just $19 a day! In fact, we’ll show you just how in your FREE REPORT: How to Retire to Paradise For $19 a Day. These pages reveal all the best places in the world for retirement living.
In one of the places detailed in this report, gentle sea breezes keep the climate nearly perfect, with mild temperatures year-round.
You'll find cliffs, hidden coves with secluded beaches, rolling hills, and high mountains nearby dotted with picturesque villages.
In this place, a two storey, traditional house with five bedrooms on 2.5 acres, with lots of fruit trees and a fresh water source, recently was sold to an International Living reader for just over $60,000.Or where you can rent a three-bedroom apartment for as little as $245 monthly and your monthly electricity and water rates cost $27...where you can buy an attractive two-bedroom house for less than $50,000. Where you can find seaside apartments for less than $80,000, a beautifully restored stone house with lush garden courtyard, and emerald green paint-work for $173,600..or an unrestored house for $74,500..A delicious three-course meal with wine, for two, costs $20, and there are many options for becoming a resident.
Details on this and other retirement Edens around the world are included in a valuable report called How to Retire in Paradise for $19 a Day. If you've ever thought of living overseas...or of owning a second home abroad...this FREE REPORT can turn your dreams into reality.
Or, say you’re just into traveling the world first before settling down somewhere…that’s why we’ve included a second FREE report - How to Get the Best Deal Every Time You Travel, you'll discover the secrets seasoned travelers use to find the best airfares... the tricks they use to grab the last remaining seats on a flight or uncover prime hotel vacancies during peak tourist season... the savvy they employ to detect "hidden charges" that can turn a great travel deal into an expensive mistake...can be yours, FREE!
Plus, dozens of other strategies that most tourists don't know about--but you can start using to save money on the very next trip you book!
Both How to Retire to Paradise For $19 a Day and How to Get the Best Deal Every Time You Travel are yours FREE simply for taking a look at INTERNATIONAL LIVING...
...a publication that will help you discover and benefit from the many opportunities the world has to offer.
And as part of your subscription you'll get to hear from our contributors through FREE email updates. These illustrated email 'postcards' are also a refreshing break from your daily routine and the result is immediate, timely information and insight that would cost you thousands of dollars annuallyand take weeks of your time to compileif you had to arrange it all on your own.
We put you in touch with a network of, literally, more than 1,000 correspondents throughout the world. Writing from Great Britain, the Greek Islands, Hong Kong, China, North America, France, Ecuador, Belize, Ireland, the South Pacific, and dozens of other areas around the world, these correspondents make sure you have the firsthand, unbiased information you need to benefit from your international travel or living experience.
"And to think that I paid less for this piece of property than I did for my car…and this I'll own forever! Our house--a 3,000-square-foot gem with a separate guest house, pool, outdoor living area, etc.--is the perfect place to entertain friends, gather with the family, or get away for some privacy. Really, it's a dream come true."
Mark F., Nicaragua
SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY SUBSCRIPTION OFFER
And remember, when you take advantage of this special offer to subscribe to INTERNATIONAL LIVING for one year (that's 12 information-packed issues) for only $49, you'll also receive:
- A FREE copy of How to Retire to Paradise for $19 a Day, which will introduce you to the most attractive and exciting retirement options and opportunities in the world.
- A FREE copy of How to Get the Best Deal Every Time You Travel, which will show you dozens of ways to cut the cost of your airfares in half.
INTERNATIONAL LIVING can change your life. By giving you more options, more alternatives in the way you live...and where you live.
And even if you never take advantage of any of the exciting ideas in each issue of INTERNATIONAL LIVING, you'll still find your subscription well worth the price. You see, INTERNATIONAL LIVING is entertaining as well as informative. It can bring you the excitement and glamour of living and traveling in foreign countries even if you never leave your armchair.
INTERNATIONAL LIVING is your passport to a brighter, more exciting, more adventuresome future. We'll show you how to live the sort of life that used to be available only to the very wealthy.
Try it yourself.
If you're not completely satisfied, simply cancel your subscription. We'll promptly reimburse you for all the issues remaining in your subscription, no questions asked. And no matter what, both How to Retire in Paradise for $19 a Day and How to Get the Best Deal Every Time You Travel are yours to keep.
Take advantage of this special opportunity to become a subscriber.
Arrange your subscription reservation immediately simply by providing the appropriate details for our online subscription service. If you have any questions, or prefer to arrange your subscription by phone, call us toll-free at (888)884-7792 in the US and we'll get your special reports in the mail to you right away. You can also fax us at (410) 558-6360.
Founding Publisher, International Living
P.S. Your one-year subscription to INTERNATIONAL LIVING will cost you less than a buck a week... and it entitles you to two additional bonus reports - How to Retire in Paradise for $19 a Day and How to Get the Best Deal Every Time You Travel. Use the information contained in these reports just once and your subscription will likely pay for itself many times over. I urge you to act now and start reaping all the benefits of subscribing to INTERNATIONAL LIVING immediately... while this offer is still on the table.
P.P.S. Remember, you RISK NOTHING by giving International Living a try. Simply cancel your membership at any time for a full refund on all un-mailed issues. Plus, your FREE reports are yours to keep…and your FREE Daily Postcard updates continue for as long as you wish! Subscribe now to start living the life if your dreams…
**unless otherwise noted, all prices are shown in US dollars**